Skillet Chicken Parmesan with Artichokes
Impress with this cheesy and delicious weeknight dinner. Quick, easy and full of flavor, you're sure to love this tasty dish! Made even quicker with The Pan and ser The Spoon, straight from the oven to the table. Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy with your favorite glass of wine!
Total Time: 35 minutes - 15 minutes to prepare, 20 minutes to cook.
What you’ll need to make the Skillet Chicken Parmesan with Artichokes:
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1x 10 oz. package of frozen artichoke hearts - thawed
- 1 garlic clove - chopped
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes - or to taste
- 1x 28 oz. can of whole peeled tomatoes - crushed by hand
- Kosher salt - to taste
- Freshly ground pepper - to taste
- 3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken - skin removed
- 1/4 cup fresh basil - roughly chopped, plus more for topping
- 4 slices rosemary focaccia - about 4 ounces.
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella - thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
How to prepare the dish:
- Preheat the broiler.
- Heat the olive oil in The Pan over medium-high heat. Add the artichokes and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and browned in spots, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, until the garlic is soft, about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, 1 cup water, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper to The Pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes. Stir in the chicken and basil; season with salt.
- Meanwhile, toast the focaccia in a toaster oven or under the broiler and let cool slightly; roughly chop to make coarse breadcrumbs. Sprinkle the crumbs over the chicken mixture and top with the mozzarella and parmesan.
- Transfer The Pan to the broiler and cook until the breadcrumbs are browned and the cheese is bubbling, 3 to 5 minutes. Let cool, 5 minutes. Top with basil.