This brilliantly simple recipe practically begs to be customized! It is one of the best things you can do with store-bought phyllo dough. This TikTok Crinkle Cake recipe made entirely in The Pan is a sensation from @ramenasaidwow and is an easy, crowd-pleasing dessert. With a gorgeous sticky and crunchy top with intricate layers of custard and syrup, it is worth the hype and deceptively simple!
Total Time: 80 minutes - 20 minutes to prepare, 60 minutes to cook.
What you’ll need to make the Crinkle Cake:Crinkle Cake
- 1 1/2 boxes of phyllo dough - defrosted as per package
- 2 sticks butter melted - approx. 1 cup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. cinnamon or to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1cup sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
How to prepare the dish:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Start by holding 2 sheets of phyllo dough by the corners, like you’re shaking out a bedsheet. Scrunch the sheets up into a fluffy accordion about 1 inch thick, so you can achieve that trademark crinkle.
- Lay it into The Pan with the folds facing upward in a circular pattern and repeat until The Pan is full. Bake for 10 minutes. After the first bake, drizzle the melted butter and bake the phyllo dough for another 10 minutes.
- While the phyllo dough is baking, whisk together 1 cup milk, 2 eggs, 1 cup sugar, and 2 tsp. of vanilla and cinnamon until evenly combined.
- Take the phyllo dough out of the oven and pour the custard on evenly and then bake again until golden and crispy, for another 30-40 minutes.
- While the phyllo dough is doing its last bake, make a simple syrup by combining 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar and 1 tbsp. of lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Reduce until it’s a thick simple syrup, about 10 to 12 minutes. Finish by drizzling the syrup on top then letting it cool before slicing and enjoying!
It’s a brilliantly simple recipe, practically begging to be customized.
Select a purchase option to pre order this product