There’s nothing better than a warm breakfast on a summer morning. This Skillet Porridge is ideal to make on a relaxing Sunday when you have extra time to treat yourself to a hearty, healthy meal. The only tools you'll need for the job are The Pan, measuring cups/spoons, and something to stir with that won't scratch the nonstick layer of the pan.
Total Time: 25 minutes. 10 minutes to prepare, 15 minutes to cook.
What you’ll need to make Skillet Porridge:
- 3 cups whole milk, or substitute any nut milk
- 3 cups of water
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 16 oz. fresh seasonal berries (such as strawberries, blueberries or blackberries) or dried cranberries
How to prepare the dish:
- In a medium saucepan, combine the milk, 3 cups of water, oats, cinnamon, and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thick, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let it cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small dry skillet, toast the pecans over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Divide the oatmeal evenly among bowls and top with a drizzle of honey, the toasted pecans, and fresh berries.