Zucchini Rollatini is an easy-to-make delicious dish for your family. Thin slices of zucchini are rolled up with a cheesy blend of ricotta, and mozzarella and dressed with a simple marinara. It can easily be cooked with just The Pan as it is oven safe.
Total Time: 65 minutes. 30 minutes to prepare, 35 minutes to cook.
What you’ll need to make Zucchini Rollatini:
- 2 large zucchini
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup marinara sauce
How to prepare Zucchini Rollatini:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Trim the ends off of the zucchini and slice lengthwise on a mandoline to about 1/8-inch thick. Reserve the 16 largest interior slices for this dish and save the rest for another use.
- Fill a medium ovenproof skillet (The Pan) with lightly salted water and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add half of the zucchini slices and cook until just pliable, about 45 seconds. Transfer to a paper towel-lined platter to dry. Repeat with the remaining zucchini slices.
- Stir the ricotta, basil, oregano, lemon zest and 3/4 cup mozzarella together in a bowl with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Beat the egg well in another bowl, then add 1 tablespoon of egg to the ricotta mixture and stir to incorporate. (Discard the remaining egg.)
- Pour the water out from The Pan and add the marinara. Bring to a simmer, then remove from the heat.
- While the sauce warms, lay the dry zucchini slices out on a work surface. Spoon a scant tablespoon of the ricotta filling on one end of a zucchini slice, then gently roll the zucchini up. Arrange in The Pan seam-side down. Repeat with the remaining zucchini slices and ricotta filling.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and bake in The Pan until the center is bubbling and the cheese is golden in spots, 20 to 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.