Greek Chicken and Orzo Skillet with Tomatoes, Feta, and Tzatziki
Keeping things colourful and easy today with this Greek Chicken and Orzo Skillet with Tomatoes, Feta, and Tzatziki. Greek-inspired oregano chicken cooked together with bell peppers and orzo pasta to create a deliciously, healthy skillet-style summer dinner. The chicken is finished with garlic tomatoes, feta cheese, and creamy Tzatziki sauce. It’s simple but mouthwatering and made in no time. The only tools you'll need for the job are The Pan, measuring cups/spoons, and something to stir with that won't scratch the nonstick layer of the pan.
Total Time: 35 minutes. 15 minutes to prepare, 20 minutes to cook.
What you’ll need to make the Greek Chicken and Orzo Skillet:
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 pinch of each kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup mixed Greek olives, pitted
- 2 cups dry orzo pasta
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Tzatziki for serving
- 2 cups mixed heirloom tomatoes, chopped or halved
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 fresh basil, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, grate
How to prepare the dish:
- In a large skillet, toss together the olive oil, chicken, oregano, paprika, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat until the chicken is browned all over and cooked through about 5 minutes. Stir in the balsamic vinegar and garlic, and cook for another minute. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- To the skillet, add the bell peppers. Cook until soft, 2-3 minutes. Add the orzo and 2 1/2 cups of water. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often until almost all the water is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Stir the chicken and olives into the orzo. Allow the chicken to warm through, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss all the ingredients for the tomatoes together in a bowl. Season with salt and red pepper flakes.
- To serve, spoon the tomatoes over the chicken and gently toss. Serve each topped with feta cheese and tzatziki.