Skillet Sun Dried Tomato Dip
This skillet sun-dried tomato dip is creamy, but also gets a hit of sweetness from roasted bell peppers to complement the sun-dried tomatoes. It's cooked and served all in the same skillet, cutting down on dishes. A Perfect dish to snack on while watching the game! Serve it with crackers, toasted bread or fresh-cut veggies. All you need for this dish is The Pan and The Spoon to stir.
Total Time: 25 minutes. 5 minutes to prepare, 20 minutes to cook.
What you’ll need to make Skillet Sun Dried Tomato Dip:
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped, plus 2 teaspoons reserved oil, divided
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 (12 ounces) jar of roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ⅔ cup reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Toasted sliced baguette, crackers and/or pita chips for serving
How to prepare Skillet Sun Dried Tomato Dip:
- Heat reserved tomato oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add shallot; cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes; cook, stirring constantly, until starting to soften, about 1 minute. Add wine; cook, stirring often until nearly evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes. Add roasted peppers, sour cream, cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, hot sauce and 3 tablespoons parsley.
- Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring constantly until cheeses are melted and smooth and the dip is heated for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon parsley and serve with toasted baguette, crackers and/or pita chips, if desired.
Select a purchase option to pre order this product