Buffalo Chicken Pasta
This Buffalo Chicken Pasta Recipe is easy to make in The Pan and can be made with your choice of creamy sauces and pasta. Use fresh chicken or even leftover rotisserie and will come out just as delicious. All you need for this dish is The Pan and The Spoon to stir.
Total Time: 35 minutes. 15 minutes to prepare, 10 minutes to cook.
What you’ll need to make Buffalo Chicken Pasta:
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast, equal to 1 lb.
- ½ cup blue cheese dressing, can sub ranch
- 2 Tablespoons butter, separated
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes, undrained, (1 can)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb. penne
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1.5 cups cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, optional
How to prepare Buffalo Chicken Pasta:
- Place chicken in a pot of water and bring it to a gentle boil. (A gentle boil ensures that the chicken doesn’t become tough.) Cook for 15 minutes, until cooked through. Remove and use two forks to shred. Toss with blue cheese dressing and set aside.
- Pro Tip: Add 1-2 chicken bouillon cubes to the water to add more flavour to the chicken.
- Melt butter in a large high-walled skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and celery. Cook for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the undrained diced tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and add the pasta. Submerge the pasta into the liquid and let it come back up to a boil.
- Cover and let it boil for 10-13 minutes, or until al dente. Refer to the box for guidance on cooking time. Don't cook any more than al dente as we will be keeping it over low heat until the sauce is thickened. Lift the lid and run a silicone spatula underneath the pasta a few times throughout cooking to ensure the pasta doesn't stick. Test a pasta noodle for doneness before proceeding.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the buffalo sauce, cubed cream cheese, and shredded cheese. Use a silicone spatula to gently stir. The sauce will seem thin at first, but it continues to thicken as it stands, and will thicken further at the next step.
- Add the shredded chicken and red pepper flakes.
Check out the previous Recipe of the Week: Sun Dried Tomato Dip