Breakfast Skillet Recipe
This delicious, one-pan savoury breakfast skillet recipe is a great way to start your day, by combining a few breakfast dishes into one amazing meal. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, yet is often overlooked for being a time of day where you can really have fun putting together a dish. This is where this easy breakfast skillet comes in, loaded with all of the good stuff including sausage, bacon, eggs, potatoes, and shredded cheese. The only tools you'll need for the job are The Pan, measuring cups/spoons, and something to stir with that won't scratch the nonstick layer of the pan.
Total Time: 35 minutes. 10 minutes for prep, and 25 minutes to cook.
Nutrition Facts: 478 calories, 20g carbs, 25g protein, 33g fat, 12g saturated fat, 197mg cholesterol, 795mg sodium, 574mg potassium, 1g fibre, 1g sugar, 430IU Vitamin A, 9.1mg Vitamin C, 186mg calcium, 2.5mg iron.
What you’ll need to make the Breakfast Skillet
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil (can substitute for canola oil)
- 3-6 eggs
- 8 chopped slices of cooked bacon
- 15oz of diced frozen hash browns
- 10 chopped, fully cooked sausage links
- ¾ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How to prepare Breakfast Skillet
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Heat oil in The Pan over medium-high heat.
- Add frozen potatoes to your pan. Cook the potatoes, tossing them gently until they begin to get a golden-brown colour on the edges.
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper, then add the chopped bacon and sausages. Cook, tossing, for 2 minutes.
- Smooth everything into an even layer in The Pan and then makes a little well where you want to crack each egg.
- Crack the eggs into the well, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly over the top.
- Lastly, bake for approximately 8-12 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking and the cheese is melted.