Chicken & Rice Recipe
This week, we’ve decided to try out a viral Chicken & Rice TikTok recipe! Needless to say, it certainly did not disappoint us. This recipe is a delicious chicken and rice, which is a dish you generally can never go wrong with. If you like chicken legs, and you like rice, this is definitely the recipe for you. The only tools you'll need for the job are The Pan, measuring cups/spoons, and something to stir with that won't scratch the nonstick layer of the pan.
What you’ll need to make Chicken & Rice:
- 1lb of chicken legs
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of whole peppercorn
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 yellow potatoes, peeled
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 ½ cups of rice
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- A handful of fresh cilantro
How to prepare the dish:
- In The Pan, add in some of the oil and drop in the chicken legs, after seasoning them with a bit of salt.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the salt, cumin seeds, peppercorn, and garlic and start mashing it all together. Once it becomes a paste, add in some water and mix it to loosen it up.
- Now, prepare your vegetables. Peel and chop the carrots, potatoes, cherry tomatoes, and the jalapeño. Then set it all aside.
- Once the chicken legs are seared all around, take them out and also set them aside. With your leftover oil in The Pan, toss in your rice and toast for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the cherry tomatoes first to emulsify them before adding the rest of the vegetables, the seasoning mix, and the chicken stock. Then add those ingredients all in.
- Bring to a boil, then turn it down and cover. In the meantime, chop up cilantro, and top off the chicken and rice with the herbs once it is done.