One Pan Chili Faux Mac
This One Pan Chili Faux Mac is a healthier alternative to a Chili Mac recipe. Typically, this recipe would include both chili and macaroni noodles, as you would assume by the name. In the case of this healthy and delicious recipe, instead of macaroni we have diced vegetables, and in replacement of the chili, we substitute it with ground beef, diced tomatoes, and taco seasoning. Now you'll understand where the “Faux” comes from! The only tools you'll need for the job are The Pan, measuring cups/spoons, and something to stir with that won't scratch the nonstick layer of the pan.
Total Time: 40 minutes. 10 minutes to prepare, 30 minutes to cook.
What you’ll need to make One Pan Chili Faux Mac:
- 1 ½ lbs of ground beef
- 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- ⅔ cup of water
- 1 ½ cups of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of cauliflower, minced
- 1 cup of zucchini, diced
- ⅔ cup of grated cheddar cheese
- ½ of an avocado, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of sour cream
- Optional: ½ tablespoon of golden flax meal for thickening
How to prepare the dish:
- In The Pan, cook the ground beef on medium-high heat until browning occurs. Once it has been browned, add the taco seasoning, garlic powder, sea salt, flax meal (optional), and the diced tomatoes with the ⅔ cup of water. Stir and mix these together until they’ve combined.
- Add the minced cauliflower and diced zucchini to The Pan. Heat on medium-high until it starts to come to a boil. Turn the heat to medium-low, then cover and let it simmer for approximately 30 minutes. Check to see if the vegetables have softened beforehand, if so, it’s good to go.
- Lastly, top the dish with your cheddar cheese, avocado, and sour cream.