Creamy Garlic Paprika Shrimp Skillet
Creamy Garlic Paprika Shrimp Skillet comes together in just 30 minutes for a simple, flavorful weeknight dinner. Featuring pan-seared shrimp, spinach, and red peppers in a creamy garlic sauce with parsley and lemon. Serve over rice or orzo, or enjoy with crusty bread for dipping. The only tools you'll need for the job are The Pan, measuring cups/spoons, and something to stir with that won't scratch the nonstick layer of the pan.
Total Time: 30 minutes. 10 minutes to prepare, 20 minutes to cook.
What you’ll need to make Creamy Garlic Paprika Shrimp Skillet:
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined raw shrimp
- 1 tsp. sea salt, divided (reduce to 3/4 tsp. if using fine table salt) 3/4 tsp. cracked black pepper, divided
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup lower-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 handfuls of fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1-2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley leaves
How to prepare the dish:
- Pat shrimp dry with a paper towel, and season evenly with 1/2 tsp. each of salt and black pepper.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Once hot, arrange shrimp in the pan, avoiding any overlap (if possible), and cook for 3 minutes. Flip, and cook 1 more minute, until the shrimp are firm to the touch and no longer opaque. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. oil to the pan, along with shallots and red bell pepper. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, until soft. Add garlic, tomato paste, and red pepper flakes; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until garlic is aromatic and tomato paste is caramelized.
- Pour in broth to deglaze the pan; simmer for 5 minutes, or until liquid is reduced by about half. Stir in paprika and spinach; cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until spinach is wilted. Finally, stir in heavy cream and lemon juice, and season with the remaining 1/2 tsp. sea salt and 1/4 tsp. black pepper.
- Nestle cooked shrimp back into the skillet and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve over rice or orzo, or enjoy with crusty bread.