Easy Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits
This quick-and-easy chicken pot pie with biscuits is the perfect comfort food dish to make for yourself or to have with the whole family. With a perfect combination of both creamy and delicious, this is the perfect chicken pot pie–especially when there are biscuits to top it all off! The only tools you'll need for the job are The Pan, measuring cups/spoons, and something to stir with that won't scratch the nonstick layer of the pan.
Total Time: 40 minutes. 15 minutes for prep, 25 minutes to cook.
Nutrition Facts: Per serving - 370 calories, 33g carbohydrates, 24g protein, 15g fat, 4g saturated fat, 87mg cholesterol, 989mg sodium, 679mg potassium, 3g fibre, 6g sugar, 4010IU Vitamin A, 18.2mg Vitamin C, 68mg calcium, 2.7mg iron
What you’ll need to make the dish
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 cup of onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots peeled, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme or 2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1/4 cup of half-and-half
- 1 lb of chicken breast, diced into small pieces
- 1 cup of frozen peas (don’t thaw)
- ¼ cup of fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 8 refrigerated biscuits
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
How to prepare this dish
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- In The Pan heat the oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery and thyme to your pan and cook until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add garlic, and cook for about 2 more minutes, but be sure not to burn the garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper, then blend in the flour
- Cook for a minute or two, then whisk in the stock cream/half-and-half.
- Cook, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Add in the chicken, and bring it to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and parsley.
- Top the mixture with biscuits, and brush with the egg.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, and keep an eye on the tops of the biscuits!
- Remove from the oven and let it stand for a few minutes.
Check out last Week's Recipe of the Week: Irish Pork Stew