Easy Frying Pan Pizza
February 9th commemorates National Pizza Day. So we asked ourselves, what would be a better way to celebrate than sharing a delicious, fast and easy-to-make, frying pan pizza! Everyone loves pizza. When you’re having a bad day, a good ol’ slice of pizza will definitely make it better. Someone once said, “a pizza slice a day keeps sadness away.” Though that remark is a bit cheesy, that notion certainly provides food for thought. Pizza puns aside, let’s get started with this delicious recipe. The only tools you'll need for the job are The Pan, measuring cups/spoons, and something to stir with that won't scratch the nonstick layer of the pan.
Total Time: 25 minutes, 5 minutes for prep, 15 minutes to cook, 5 minutes to cool
Nutrition Facts: 940 calories, 52g fat, 68g carbs, 2g fiber, 5g sugar, 48g protein
What you need to make the Frying Pan Pizza Dough
- ½ cup of warm water
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ⅔ cup of all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of instant yeast
- ½ teaspoon of salt
What you need for toppings
- ½ cup of marinara sauce
- Italian blend seasoning, to taste
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup of pepperoni (optional)
- Chopped fresh basil for garnish (optional)
How to prepare this dish
- In a large nonstick pan combine all the necessary ingredients for the dough. Once that is done, use a spatula to stir in the ingredients, and then smooth the dough to the edges of the pan.
- Spread the marinara sauce thoroughly over the dough all the way to the edges. Once completed, sprinkle the cheese evenly across the pizza. Place the pepperoni over the cheese if you choose to have some on your pizza.
- Place over medium heat, cover, and cook for 10 minutes with the lid covered.
- Uncover and cook for approximately 5 more minutes, or until the edges are crispy.
- Slide the pizza out of the pan onto a cutting board and let the pizza cool for 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle the pizza with basil, then slice the pizza and serve it.