One Pan Chicken Parm Pasta Recipe
Chicken parmesan pasta. Tender breaded chicken, dripping with homemade tomato sauce and topped with mozzarella and parmesan on a bed of penne. There really isn’t any way to go wrong with this staple Italian-American dish. This chicken parm pasta recipe is sure to be a hit at your next family dinner. Best of all, you only need one pan to make it! The only tools you'll need for the job are The Pan, measuring cups/spoons, and something to stir with that won't scratch the nonstick layer of the pan.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Nutrition Facts: (Per serving, 1 ½ cups) 538 calories, 41g protein, 55.8g carbs, 7.3g dietary fibre, 6.6g sugar, 17.1g fat, 4.8g saturated fat, 77.3mg cholesterol, 18mcg folate, 212.7mg calcium, 4.6mg iron, 49.1mg magnesium, 874.8mg potassium, 611.6mg sodium, 0.1mg thiamin, 488.5IU Vitamin A, 9.8mg Vitamin C.
Exchanges: 3 1/2 lean protein, 3 starch, 1 1/2 fat, 1 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 medium-fat protein
What you need to make One Pan Chicken Parm
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup whole-wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon minced garlic, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounces whole-wheat penne
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
HOW TO PREPARE THIS DISH
Start by heating 1 tablespoon of oil in a large oven safe pan over medium-high heat. Add panko and 1 teaspoon garlic. Cook, stirring until the panko is golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside. Clean out The Pan.
- Next, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in The Pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken, Italian seasoning, salt and the remaining 1 tablespoon of garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until the chicken is no longer pink on the outside, about 2 minutes. Add broth, tomatoes and penne. Bring it to a boil and cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, until the penne is cooked and the sauce has reduced and thickened, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the broiler to high. When the pasta is cooked, sprinkle mozzarella over the penne mixture. Place The Pan under the broiler in the upper third of the oven; broil until the mozzarella is bubbling and beginning to brown, about 1 minute. Top with the panko mixture, Parmesan and basil.