Ground Turkey Butternut Squash Skillet
This ground turkey with butternut squash skillet is a deliciously comforting and nourishing meal that is light and fresh. This recipe is a 30-minute one-pot skillet meal that is perfect for a busy weeknight. All you need for this dish is The Pan and The Spoon to stir.
Total Time: 30 minutes. 5 minutes to prepare, 25 minutes to cook.
What you’ll need to make Ground Turkey Butternut Squash Skillet:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 butternut squash, about 3 cups cubed
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 cup gruyère cheese
- fresh cilantro and parsley
How to prepare Ground Turkey Butternut Squash:
- Heat oil in a cast iron skillet. Add ground turkey, onion, garlic and bell peppers and sauté until meat is no longer pink. Season with salt, pepper and paprika
- Add cubed butternut squash and vegetable broth. Give it a mix so most of the butternut squash is submerged in broth. Cover and turn heat down to a medium low. Cook for about 12 minutes or until butternut squash has soften.
- Remove from stove top and top with gruyère cheese. Bakein 400°F degrees oven for abut 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro or parsley and serve.