Spicy Sausage Pumpkin Pasta
This Spicy Sausage Pumpkin Pasta Recipe is a perfect dish for the fall season and is easy to make in about 30 minutes. All you need for this dish is The Pan and The Spoon to stir.
Total Time: 30 minutes, 5 minutes to prepare, 25 minutes to cook.
What you’ll need to make Spicy Sausage Pumpkin Pasta:
- ½ lb conchiglie (medium shell) pasta
- 1 lb spicy italian sausage
- ½ yellow onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- ¼ cup dry white wine (I used chardonnay)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup packed baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- ½ teaspoon crushed red chili flakes (more as desired!)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley, roughly chopped to garnish
How to prepare the dish:
- In The Pan heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the sausage and cook 5 minutes until no longer pink.
- Stir in pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice, and fresh sage. Cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add wine to the skillet. Cook 1 minute, stirring frequently and scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Distribute conchiglie pasta evenly in the skillet. Pour milk and broth over the pasta. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook until pasta is al dente, about 9-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in parmesan cheese, chopped spinach, chili pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.