Chicken Chowder Stuffed Zucchini
A simple dish providing an abundance of flavour in an hour or less. This chicken chowder stuffed zucchini will be a guaranteed hit for you and anyone you enjoy it with! Combining rotisserie chicken, melted cheese, corn, and much more, you’ll be sure to love this recipe, especially when topping it off with some delicious bacon. The only tools you'll need for the job are The Pan, measuring cups/spoons, and something to stir with that won't scratch the nonstick layer of the pan.
Total Time: ~1 hour. 15 minutes to prepare, 45 minutes to cook.
What you’ll need to make the dish
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pieces of bacon, thinly sliced
- 4 large zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¾ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- ½ cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ½ cups of fresh or frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- ¾ cup of half-and-half
- 1 ½ cups of shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup of shredded white cheddar (can be replaced with a cheese of your choice)
- ¼ cup of thinly-sliced basil
How to prepare the dish
- In The Pan over medium heat, cook bacon until golden, for about 6 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a plate, and reserve the bacon fat.
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF. Using a knife, score zucchini and scoop out the insides, leaving a quarter-inch border intact. Move the zucchini boats to a large baking sheet. Brush generously with the bacon fat, and then season it with both salt and pepper. Bake them until just tender, for approximately 15 minutes.
- Return The Pan to medium heat, and then heat 2 tablespoons of bacon fat. Then, add your scallions, paprika, garlic, coriander, tomatoes, corn, 1 teaspoon of salt, and ½ of a teaspoon of the ground pepper. Cook until the tomatoes are "jammy", for approximately 6 minutes. Stir in the cornstarch until there are no lumps, then add in the half-and-half, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat, and cook until thickened, for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the shredded white cheddar, shredded rotisserie chicken, and basil until it is smooth and melty.
- Transfer the zucchini boats to a baking dish, and spoon the chowder into the zucchini. Bake until the zucchini is tender, and the cheese is nicely melted. This will take around 15-18 minutes.
- Top these with bacon for serving.
Check out last Week's Recipe of the Week: Prime Rib Tacos