Sausage & Pierogi Skillet
A simple, yet delicious dish that is perfect for a busy weekday. Being able to prepare an easy dish in a short amount of time so you can enjoy it with your family is what cooking is all about. To bring people together! If you like pierogies, this is definitely the recipe for you. In combination with sausages and many other delicious ingredients, this will certainly be a dish you work into your meal plans for the week! The only tools you'll need for the job are The Pan, measuring cups/spoons, and something to stir with that won't scratch the nonstick layer of the pan.
Total Time: 30 minutes.
What you’ll need to make the dish
- 1 package of frozen potato and onion pierogis.
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons of butter, divided
- 1 package of sausages, cut in half, and then sliced into ½ inch pieces.
- 1 package of coleslaw mix
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon of celery salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
How to prepare the dish
- Cook the pierogies according to the package’s directions. Meanwhile, in The Pan add 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of canola oil over medium heat. Then add the sausage, cook and stir until lightly-browned for about 3 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, then cook and stir until the coleslaw wilts and the onion is softened, this will take about 3 minutes as well. Remove from the heat; keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining oil and butter. Drain the pierogi and add to the skillet. Cook and stir until browned, this will take approximately 3-5 minutes. Add the sausage mixture and toss to coat. Discard the bay leaf.
Check out last Week's Recipe of the Week: Chicken Chowder Stuffed Zucchini