Ramen is often a go-to dish for many. It’s simple, inexpensive, easy to make, and tastes fantastic! But sometimes, you have to switch it up a bit. In this week’s recipe blog, we’ll show you how to make this delicious one-pan beef broccoli ramen, that has the perfect mixture of all the right flavors to truly step up the ramen game in your household! Let’s get right into it.
One-pan Beef Broccoli Ramen
Total Time: 40 minutes. 20 minutes to prepare, and 20 minutes to cook. *Steak with mixed ingredients poured over-top requires refrigeration for about 1-6 hours.
What you’ll need to make the dish:
- (¼ cup + 2 tablespoons, remove after) 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil, separated
- 3 teaspoons of minced garlic, separated
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup of honey
- (¼ cup + 2 tablespoons, remove after) 6 tablespoons of low-sodium soy sauce, separated
- 1 tablespoon of italian flat leaf parsley
- ¾ lb flank steak
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- Brown sugar, to taste
- ½ teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 cup of beef broth
- ¼ cup of oyster sauce
- 4 cups of broccoli florets
- 2 packages (3oz ea.) of ramen noodles
- Salt and pepper
How to prepare the dish:
- Thinly slice the steak into ¼ inch thick strips, and then into 2 inch pieces. Insert the steak pieces into a ziplock bag.
- In a bowl, add ¼ cup (4 of 6 tablespoons) of vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon of minced garlic, 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar, ¼ cup of honey, ¼ cup of soy sauce, ¼ teaspoon of pepper, ½ teaspoon of salt, and 1 tablespoon of parsley.
- Whisk everything together and pour over the flank steak in the ziplock bag.
- Seal it, and place the bag in the fridge for at least an hour. (We suggest 1-6 hours, but definitely not over 12). Flip the bag halfway through the planned marination time.
- In a small pot, boil water and cook the ramen noodles for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Chop the broccoli into small, even pieces.
- Remove the flank steak and drain any remaining marinade. Toss the steak to coat with cornstarch.
- In The Pan, add in 1 of the last 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Heat until the vegetable oil is shimmering, then add in half of the beef so it can be in a single layer.
- Cook until the beef is seared well, for approximately 1 ½ minutes. Continue cooking, but now stirring, until the beef is lightly cooked but still pink in areas, for approximately 30 seconds. Then, transfer to a plate.
- Add in the last tablespoon of vegetable oil to The Pan, then the second half of the beef, and cook it the same way, then transfer to a plate.
- In The Pan, add the beef broth, brown sugar (at your discretion), the remaining soy sauce, sesame oil, oyster sauce, remaining garlic, as well as the ginger.
- Uncovered, cook and stir over medium-heat until sauce thickens, and reduces about ⅓ for approximately 6-7 minutes.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then top it evenly with the broccoli without stirring in. Cover The Pan with a lid, and reduce the heat to low.
- Allow the broccoli to steam until it is tender, for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add in the cooked ramen noodles and steak.
- Stir and add in any additional toppings you may like. We recommend adding in some green onions!
- Serve immediately.