One Pan Beef Broccoli Ramen
Ramen is often a go-to dish for many. It’s simple, inexpensive, easy to make, and tastes fantastic! But sometimes, you have to switch it up a bit. In this week’s recipe blog, we’ll show you how to make this delicious one pan beef broccoli ramen, that has the perfect mixture of all the right flavors to truly step up the ramen game in your household! Let’s get right into it.
Total Time: 40 minutes. 20 minutes to prepare, and 20 minutes to cook. *Steak with mixed ingredients poured over-top requires refrigeration for about 1-6 hours.
What you’ll need to make One Pan Beef Broccoli Ramen:
- (¼ cup + 2 tablespoons, remove after) 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil, separated
- 3 teaspoons of minced garlic, separated
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup of honey
- (¼ cup + 2 tablespoons, remove after) 6 tablespoons of low-sodium soy sauce, separated
- 1 tablespoon of italian flat leaf parsley
- ¾ lb flank steak
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- Brown sugar, to taste
- ½ teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 cup of beef broth
- ¼ cup of oyster sauce
- 4 cups of broccoli florets
- 2 packages (3oz ea.) of ramen noodles
- Salt and pepper
How to prepare the dish:
- Thinly slice the steak into ¼ inch thick strips, and then into 2 inch pieces. Insert the steak pieces into a ziplock bag.
- In a bowl, add ¼ cup (4 of 6 tablespoons) of vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon of minced garlic, 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar, ¼ cup of honey, ¼ cup of soy sauce, ¼ teaspoon of pepper, ½ teaspoon of salt, and 1 tablespoon of parsley.
- Whisk everything together and pour over the flank steak in the ziplock bag.
- Seal it, and place the bag in the fridge for at least an hour. (We suggest 1-6 hours, but definitely not over 12). Flip the bag halfway through the planned marination time.
- In a small pot, boil water and cook the ramen noodles for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Chop the broccoli into small, even pieces.
- Remove the flank steak and drain any remaining marinade. Toss the steak to coat with cornstarch.
- In The Pan, add in 1 of the last 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Heat until the vegetable oil is shimmering, then add in half of the beef so it can be in a single layer.
- Cook until the beef is seared well, for approximately 1 ½ minutes. Continue cooking, but now stirring, until the beef is lightly cooked but still pink in areas, for approximately 30 seconds. Then, transfer to a plate.
- Add in the last tablespoon of vegetable oil to The Pan, then the second half of the beef, and cook it the same way, then transfer to a plate.
- In The Pan, add the beef broth, brown sugar (at your discretion), the remaining soy sauce, sesame oil, oyster sauce, remaining garlic, as well as the ginger.
- Uncovered, cook and stir over medium-heat until sauce thickens, and reduces about ⅓ for approximately 6-7 minutes.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then top it evenly with the broccoli without stirring in. Cover The Pan with a lid, and reduce the heat to low.
- Allow the broccoli to steam until it is tender, for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add in the cooked ramen noodles and steak.
- Stir and add in any additional toppings you may like. We recommend adding in some green onions!
- Serve immediately.