Spicy Garlic Mushroom Fettuccine
This Spicy Garlic Mushroom Fettuccine recipe is a one-pan perfection. With a delicious combination of many great flavours, this pasta dish is perfect for a mid-week, carb-filled, pick-me-up! This is an easy dish that can be thrown together quickly, while also tasting amazing. How can it get any better than this? The only tools you'll need for the job are The Pan, measuring cups/spoons, and something to stir with that won't scratch the nonstick layer of the pan.
Total Time: 25 minutes. 10 minutes to prepare, 15 minutes to cook.
What you’ll need to make Spicy Garlic Mushroom Fettuccine
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup of freshly chopped herbs (we recommend basil, cilantro, and oregano!)
- 16oz of cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups of kale or baby spinach, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- ¾ lb of fettuccine
- Freshly chopped basil and lemon for serving
How to prepare the dish
- Boil salted water in a pot. Boil your pasta according to package directions until al dente. Before draining, reserve 2 cups of pasta water, then drain.
- Heat The Pan over medium heat. Add your butter, garlic, and pepper flakes then stir often until the garlic is fragmented, and beginning to caramelize. Add your mushrooms, herbs, and kale. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the mushrooms are tender, for approximately 5 minutes.
- When the pasta is ready, add it to The Pan and ½ of your reserved pasta water. Toss well, then add in more pasta water at your discretion to thin the sauce. Remove from heat and add a sprinkle of fresh basil along with a squeeze of lemon.